Applications are now open for the A.T Marstein Books and News Prize for Literature (AMBNPL) writing competition, 2020.
A.T Marstein books and News Prize for Literature is a writing contest set up to encourage Nigerian writers, to pursue the art of writing the more, and give them a chance to be published.
In other words, the contest is set up to have different submissions from all over Nigeria, to be published in its forthcoming Anthology. The Anthology is going to be published on various platforms, for easy access to readers in Nigeria and beyond.
Note that all entries would be published in the anthology.
We are looking for great works of any literary form which follows a given general theme and a set of topics. All entries will be judged by certified literature scholars. You must choose one of the topics below to write on and it must follow the given theme.
You are allowed to choose any genre of your choice listed below.
The burden of being a Nigerian.
- Police brutality
- School Closure (Covid-19)
- Cyber Crimes
- Fuel Subsidy Removal
- Short Story
- Applicants must be aged between 16 and 30 years.
- One entry allowed per person.
- Applicants must be Nigerians.
- Applicants must choose not more than one of the given topics to write about.
- Applicants’ entry must revolve around the given theme (The burden of being a Nigerian)
- Be written in English (Other Nigerian languages in minimum amount if necessary ) and submitted in a doc. or docx (i.e word) format and must be less than or equal to 2MB.
- Be anything between 500 and 1500 words Essay, Short story, and play. Not less than 15 lines for poetry.
- Not be published before.
- Not be plagiarized.
- Not be jointly Authored.
Best Entry: N100,000, AMBNPL’20 official Sweat Shirt, Bag and Notepad.
Second place: N70,000, AMBNPL’20 official T Shirt, Notepad.
Third place: N30,000, AMBNPL’20 official T Shirt.
Every entry will be published in the forthcoming AMBNPL’21 Anthology
DEADLINE: 11.59pm (GMT+1) November 5th, 2020.