For better understanding, these are the latest directives of His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun on COVID-19 in Ogun State:
1. Extension of the Federal Government lockdown ends in Ogun State on Sunday, 10th May, 2020 as a result of the initial delay grace that we enjoyed. But there will be windows on the following days:
2. Monday, 4th of May – Relaxation window: 7am – 5pm
3. Wednesday, 6th of May – Relaxation window: 7am – 5pm
4. Friday, 8th of May – Relaxation Window: 7am – 5pm
5. Curfew is from 8pm – 6am everyday.
6. Facemask is very important. Nobody should go out without using a facemask.
7. Taxicabs for intrastate journeys (within Ogun) must convey only 3 passengers at a time.
8. 18-seater buses for intrastate journeys must convey only 7 passengers.
9. Tricycles can convey only 2 passengers.
10. Motorcycles (okada) should convey only 1 passenger.
11. All schools remain closed, while students will continue with their DigiClass.
12. 30% of public servants are to resume work only on days of window relaxation. The Head of Service will issue a memo to this effect.
13. All essential service personnel will continue to work despite the lockdown.
14. All public religious gatherings remain banned.
15. All pubs, clubs, stadia, public pools, spas, gyms, salons, et c. and all assemblies of more than 15 people remain banned.
16. Restaurants may open on the approved days for take-out meals only.
17. Burials and naming ceremonies are allowed but there must not be more than 15 people including the officiating ministers.
18. There is a total ban on interstate travel (outside Ogun). If you work in Lagos or any other state but you live in Ogun State, you are not allowed to go to Lagos or any other state and return to Ogun.