Several businesses across various industries have practically shut down or only operating with a fraction of their capacities due to restrictions of movement imposed by governments around the world to curb the spread of COVID-19.
However, not every business has been negatively impacted by the global pandemic. Businesses in certain industries are actually thriving amidst the COVID-19-induced economic downturn
1. Blogging: Recent blogging statistics show that tens of thousands of bloggers are creating profitable content on topics as diverse as scrapbooking, home cooking, travel, film, lifestyle, business, personal finance, and more, and this has generated income for them. A lot of people sit at home to read news from blogs.
2. Online Coaching/tutoring: If you have something you’re skilled at and very passionate about, you can turn that winning combination into offering your services with one-on-one online coaching as one of the most dependable side business ideas that leverage your skills. Skills like cooking, makeup, fashion design, public speaking, etc
3. Content/Freelance/copywriter: Every website owner hires copywriters to write content for things like about pages, FAQ’s, or blog posts. Hourly wages for novice copywriters are not very high, but with some experience and a growing portfolio, you can become a freelance writer
today and soon be charging more than you make at your full-time job if you find the right clients and brand yourself as an expert with this side business idea.
4. Developing of APPs:
Sometimes it seems like there’s an app for everything. Yet somehow, new ones keep popping up and selling for lots of money, all the time. If you spot a niche that hasn’t been filled to its potential just yet, and you can learn the coding skills
(or know someone who already has them), you could be on to something with this side business idea.
Social Media Marketing: Build up a following on your social media account and you could quickly be approached by major brands, gear companies, and other relevant businesses that sell products or services related to the type of content you share on Instagram—creating multiple potential side business ideas that’ll come to you. If you have the right marketing skills
and hundreds of thousands of followers, you can easily make a huge amount of money per post.
6. Social Media Manager: Lots of companies, especially startups or those in retail and travel—even influencers have heavy social media presence and are constantly in need of people to help build their brands online. You can find these types of opportunities on sites.
7. Telecommuting: Organizations, including businesses, government agencies, and religious bodies, have been forced to modify the way they operate in order to simultaneously keep their employees safe and ensure that their operations do not grind to a halt during the pandemic. More people than ever before are now working remotely. This phenomenon has elevated telecommuting platforms once considered luxuries to bare essentials of the work setting.
Many people want to do things on Zoom, Skype, etc and yet they can’t operate them, you can help them do it and then get paid.
8. Amazon Reselling: Anyone can sell goods on Amazon, provided you have products to sell or buy low, then resell
them to your local buyers.
9. Affiliate Sales and marketing: A great way to make passive income
is by joining some good companies to sell their products.
10. Google Paid Ads Specialist: If you know a thing or two about paid internet marketing and are comfortable with Google, a great way to make some extra income as a side business idea is to sign a freelance contract
to manage a company’s Google Ad Campaigns
, and gradually start bringing on more clients as your consulting business grows.
Get up and make some cool cash. Don’t wait for COVID-19 to go, it might not go.
Let follow the advice of the Minister of Health to learn to live with Covid19.